What Matters

komen_logo1In 2012 Tiffany was a top 30 fundraiser for Denver’s Susan G. Komen race for the cure event.  Her team was “Check your headlights” which raised over $5,000 for the cause.  Seventy-five percent (75%) of the net money raised from the Race stays in the Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s 19 county service area for breast health education, breast cancer screening and treatment programs. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) goes into international and national breast cancer research.

 

Septembeard Logo1In 2012 both Jim and Cameron participated in this great fundraising event.  Their team raised over $553 for the cause.  Septembeard is an organization with a simple, focused goal: eradicating prostate cancer in our lifetime. Their strategy is also simple:  fund the best prostate cancer research centers in the U.S. where breakthrough work and collaboration will most quickly lead to the best treatments and ultimately a cure.

 

Watch D.O.G.S1

 

In 2013 both Jim and Cameron became a part of this great program.  WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) – Is the father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures in order to provide positive male role models for students and to enhance school security. Today, more than 2,610 active programs in 44 states participate in the WATCH D.O.G.S. Program.  Living in the Columbine community brings the need for a program like this home.

 

 

SWARM Rugby Logo1Both of Jim’s children play rugby for SWARM.  Girls SWARM finished 4th in the Division I High School Championship in 2012. They competed well with no seniors so next year should be a strong year with all players returning. SWARM Girls Rugby competes as part of Rugby Colorado high school girl’s league. They recruit players from Jefferson County and south-west Arapahoe County. The team currently includes players from Columbine, Chatfield, Dakota Ridge, D’Evelyn, Lakewood, Conifer and Heritage High Schools.

Futo-Kan Logo1

 

 

Both of Tiffany and Cameron’s children are involved with the youth martial arts program at Futo-Kan MMA.  This Youth Program is designed to encourage, teach and lead kids to a better way of life.  They learn how to pick the right friends to hang out with, set goals that inspire and challenge them, as well as build their self-confidence through the physical training of martial arts.  The role models of today’s world are not what parents are looking for, but with Futo-Kan’s specialized and trained instructors, our kids have role models worth talking about.